Chia seeds are a super food, loaded with health-promoting omega-3 fatty acids—nearly five grams in a one-ounce serving! They are also an excellent source of fiber at 10 grams per ounce (about 2 tablespoons), and contain protein and minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc. Chia also assists in weight loss as well as reducing glucose levels which can benefit diabetics.
Blueberry Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Place the first 4 ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add the fresh berries and the chia seeds, stirring well.
- Stir every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes. Don’t skip this step! If you do you will have a glob of gelatinous seeds in the bottom of the bowl which is nearly impossible to break apart
- Place into whatever serving cups you will be using and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, overnight is better.
- Top with fresh berries and/or vegan whipped cream if desired.