This vegan blueberry buckle is made with coconut oil, whole wheat flour and loads of blueberries of course! So cozy and tasty! Who doesn't love a good oat crumble topping? Slightly sweetened with maple syrup, this vegan blueberry buckle would pair great with a cup of coffee in the morning! Yum!
Blueberry Buckle [Vegan]
For the Oat Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Blueberry Buckle:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease a 9 inch cake pan with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl; mix together oats, sugar and cinnamon. Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl; sift together whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl; whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in blueberries. (note: cake batter is thick, similar to cookie dough. You may need to use hands to fold in blueberries, don't be shy!)
- Transfer batter to greased cake pan, add crumble topping and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!