Granola Bars are a great snack or breakfast for busy days, but they aren't the most economical choice. Luckily, making your own isn't too difficult and a lot less expensive. These Blueberry Quinoa bars taste fantastic! The list of ingredients is a little long, but it is so worth it! Besides, even with all the ingredients, it's very fast to put together. Make these Blueberry Quinoa bars over the weekend, so you'll have a quick breakfast for throughout the week!
Blueberry and Quinoa Cinnamon Toast Bars [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (or other nut)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, or other milk alternative
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven for 375ºF.
- Bring water and quinoa to boil in a pot. Once it is boiling, lower heat all the way and cover. Once water is soaked up, the quinoa is done. It should be nice and fluffy.
- As the quinoa is cooking, put all ingredients in a bowl. Once the quinoa is done, add it to the mixture and stir it until everything is mixed together. Have a few bites of the delicious mixture!
- Spray a 8x8 pan and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes for until the bars start to firm. Let them cool for a bit before cutting.