You think you don’t like tofu? Think again! On its own, tofu can be very bland, but this easy to make sauce transforms it. Tofu is marinated in a sauce of blackstrap molasses, soy sauce, apple juice, and seasoning. It's sweet, umami, garlicky, and a little spicy — perfect for serving with rice and vegetables.
Blackstrap Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, sliced
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses or regular molasses
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except tofu.
- Place the tofu in a baking dish, pour the sauce over the tofu, and marinate for 20 minutes. You can also let it marinate for up to 24 hours (optional).
- Bake 30 minutes.