This focaccia recipe uses fresh raspberries to add a sweet bite to the otherwise savory bread. The bursts of berry flavor compliment the herby goodness that comes from the fresh rosemary. With textures and flavors so on point, you’ll find it hard to stop yourself from eating a whole loaf on your own!
Crispy Blackberry Rosemary Focaccia [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Blackberry Rosemary Focaccia [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil and 3 tablespoons more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons flaked salt
- 6-7 big blackberries
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
How to Prepare Crispy Blackberry Rosemary Focaccia [Vegan]
- To active yeast, combine sugar, lukewarm water in a small bowl and add yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes or until yeast is foamy.
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl, add the yeast mixture and 2 tablespoons of oil. Gently stir with your hand until it forms a dough. On a floured surface knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Return dough to bowl, cover and let it rest for 60-90 minutes or until it's double in size.
- In the meantime, wash and finely chop the rosemary and mix with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Let it sit until dough is ready.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Get the dough out of the bowl and divide in two parts.
- On a floured surface, roll it out into a large rectangle until the dough is 1/2-inch thick.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, thinly cut the blackberries crosswise into 3-4 slices.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove towel and use your fingers to poke deep dents. Press the blackberry slices into those dents.
- Drizzle the loaves with the rosemary oil and spread it with a brush or your fingers. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes but turn up heat very high the last 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to burn it. Slice and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.