As the weather gets warmer, our tastes shift from warm, cozy flavors to sweet and refreshing. And you can't get any more refreshing than this. It's a creamy nice cream loaded with super antioxidant blackberries, acai powder, and a hint of almond butter. While most nice creams rely just on bananas to make them creamy, this one takes it to the next level with the addition of coconut milk. Yum!
Blackberry Açaí Nice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Nice Cream:
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 4 frozen bananas (very ripe)
- 1 1/3 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1-2 teaspoons açaí powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- Fresh fruit like blackberries, strawberries, melon, etc....
- Hemp seeds
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight or, even better, a day before. Open the can and scoop the thick white cream and add it to a high-speed blender or food processor. Add the bananas, blackberries, almond butter, acai powder, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Blend until smooth and adjust sweetness if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container (with a lid) and freeze for about 2 hours or until scoopable.
- You might need to let the nice cream thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes approximately before serving.
- Homemade nice creams tend to be rock solid after sitting in the freezer but if you add the right quantitity of fats it's just a matter of patience and a few minutes until it reaches the creamy consistency again.
- Scoop the ice cream and serve topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and hemp seeds. Also you can serve it with your favorite chocolate or caramel sauce: it's up to you.