What could be better than waking up to a BLACK FOREST CAKE!?
Black Forest Cake Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup pitted cherries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp cherry or strawberry jam or preserves (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla vegan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- handful of chocolate chips
- Combine cherries and water in a small blender and pulse for 10-20 seconds. It does not have to be perfectly smooth.
- Add "cherry water" to a mason jar and combine with oats, coconut milk, optional jam, chia seeds, and salt. (The jam will intensify the berry flavor.)
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Top with yogurt, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips. Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!