Black bean salsa is smooth yet a little spicy, and goes great with tortilla chips. So do you want to know how to make black bean salsa? Lets get started!
Black Bean Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 small onion halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chives optional
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 400℉.
- Half the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño and put them on a baking tray with the garlic.
- Season the cherry tomatoes with salt.
- Wrap the black beans in aluminum foil. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeño, garlic to the baking tray and return the oven. Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Put all of the baked ingredients into the blender. Add the lime juice, chili powder and salt to taste. Pulse the blender.
- Chop the chives fine and use to garnish. Serve immediately.
In this recipe we used black beans but there are a lot of beans that you can use in your salsa, e.g.: Kidney beans, chickpeas, brown beans.
- Beans - Black