These black bean quinoa burgers are warm, filling, satisfying, and most importantly, delicious! They come together super quickly since all you really need to do is mash the six ingredients and spices together into a patty, and crisp them in the oven for 40 minutes. Adorn them as you wish when they come out, the flavor of this zesty burger goes with pretty much any condiment!
Black Bean Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Mix the chia seeds in a small bowl with 5 tablespoons water and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans to a large mixing bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork until no whole beans remain. Add remaining ingredients including thickened chia mixture and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide mixture into eight equal portions and form each into a 1/2-inch thick patty on a lightly-greased baking pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. If you like your burgers on the softer side, bake a little less than 40 minutes. The longer you bake them, the crispier they will become.
- Beans - All
- Beans - Black
- Grains - Other
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1339 | Total Carbs: 192 g | Total Fat: 44 g | Total Protein: 75 g | Total Sodium: 3032 g | Total Sugar: 16 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
They sound delicious but the calories are very high, too high..
Shirley Perrelli. Maybe when Ted Cruz wins in Wisconsin, I can celebrate!