Okay, so here’s the deal. While the title of this recipe has Cinnamon Roll in it, here’s the bottom line. These are standard delicious and fluffy sheet-pan pancakes that are easy to make and take the stress out of pancake flipping. If you wish to go beyond the traditional pancake (and, dare I say, get epic?), I’m offering options for cinnamon roll, triple berry, and even chocolate chip pancakes— the choice is yours! But let’s be real, if this was just called this Sheet-Pan Pancakes . . . would you have stopped to read the recipe?
Beyond the Cinnamon Roll Sheet Pan Pancakes [Vegan]
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50 g) organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsweetened plain soy or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
For Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (38 g) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground cinnamon
For Very Berry Pancakes:
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen or fresh mixed berries of choice
For Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- 1 bag (10 ounces/280 g) vegan chocolate chips
For Cinnamon Roll Glaze:
- 1 cup (120 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons unsweetened plain soy, almond milk, or water
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7). Line an 11 x 16–inch (28 x 41–cm) sheet pan with parchment paper, enough so it goes up over the edge of the sheet pan.
- To make the pancakes: Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until just combined with a few lumps. Do not overmix. Spray the prepared sheet pan with cooking spray, pour the pancake batter onto the sheet pan, and spread until it is evenly dispersed.
- To make the cinnamon roll pancakes: Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined. Drizzle the mixture over the pancakes, then take a butter knife and drag the tip of the knife through the batter from one end of the sheet pan to the other in 3 lines from one side of the tray to the other. Then do the same dragging the butter knife from top to bottom in 4 lines, creating a variation of swirls with the cinnamon mixture in the batter.
- To make the very berry pancakes: Spread the batter on the sheet pan and evenly disperse the berries over the batter.
- To make the chocolate chip pancakes: Add the chocolate chips to the pancake batter before pouring the batter on the sheet pan.
- For all variations: Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the cinnamon roll glaze: Add the confectioners’ sugar and milk to a bowl, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Drizzle the glaze over the top after pancakes have cooled briefly for 5 minutes. Drizzle more glaze when plating, if desired.
Make all three variations at once by quartering the batter so you have 4 sections of pancake on the sheet tray. Add one-quarter of the additive ingredients (e.g., chips, berries, cinnamon mixture) as needed for each variation. Leave one quarter of the sheet pan as a plain pancake or have fun and add your favorite pancake fillings to the final quarter. For those with a sweet tooth, the glaze can be used with the very berry and chocolate chip variations as well.