This recipe for Best Apricot Crisp is a deliciously easy dessert with a topping that stays crispy for days. (not that it will last that long!) Ginger and cinnamon really bring out the sweet/tart of the apricots. Add slightly more ginger if you like the bite, or less if you don’t.
Best Apricot Crisp [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 4 cups fresh apricots Enough to fill an 8 or 9 inch baking dish to your satisfaction.
- 1/3 – 1 cup sugar depending on your taste, and the sweetness of the fruit
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest of one small lemon
For the Topping:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not the quick-cooking kind)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar I used dark natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- generous pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled vegan butter cut into small pieces (3/4 stick)
- Set the oven to 350°F and prepare a square baking dish with baking spray
- Stir the filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and set aside while the oven is heating.
- Mix all the topping ingredients except for the butter in another bowl.
- Stir in the butter and pinch it along with the oats and flour until the topping clumps together and the butter is well distributed.
- Place the filling into the prepared baking dish and spread the topping over the apricots.
- Bake for 30 minutes or so. The apricots will be bubbling and fragrant and the topping will be a nice golden brown.