This is a delicious and reliable apple pie recipe that you will want to make time and time again. A total crowd pleaser!
Best Apple Pie [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 1 1/4 pounds Apples, peeled, cored and chopped and add the lemon juice over the apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 17 ounces Applesauce
For the Crust:
- 11 1/2 ounces spelled flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 2 3/4 ounces cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 3 1/2 ounces vegan butter
For the Glaze:
- 3 ounces icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine all ingredients for the filling and bring to a boil on high heat, then lower the temperature, cover the pot, and maintain a low simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Grease or line a springform tin (20 cm) with baking paper and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the crust whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then add vegan butter and soy milk and combine. Divide the crust into two halves.
- Take one half and roll it out so that it is big enough to cover a pie pan. Trim the edges with a knife using the edge of the plate as your guide. Add the apple filling.
- Roll out the other half of the crust and place the second piece on top. Press down on the pastry edges, making sure that they are properly sealed.
- Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. Allow to cool then decorate with icing sugar glaze.