Reinvent the breakfast game with these berry lavender poached pears. The berries give the pears a perfect subtle sweetness and the lavender adds something little extra that is kind of unexpected. The best thing about this recipe is that the after two days in the fridge the flavors are even more enhanced. But don’t think for a second these aren’t worth eating fresh out of the pot because they are also amazing while still warm!
Berry Lavender Poached Pears With Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pears:
- 4 small pears
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Granola:
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple sirup
- A pinch of salt
- In a medium pot, heat up 2 cups of water together with the blueberries, raspberries, lavender and maple syrup. Cover and bring to a simmer and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the granola. Preheat the oven to 320°F. Add the almonds into your food processor and pulse a few times until they are broken up a little.
- Place them in a bowl together with the remaining ingredients for the granola. Stir until everything is well mixed together, and everything is coated in oil and syrup.
- Place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes while stirring it up with a wooden spoon every 5-10 minutes.
- Next peel the pears, cut them in half and remove the cores with the help of a small spoon or a melon baller.
- After it has done simmering pour the berry mixture through a fine sieve, saving only the liquid. Place the liquid back into the pan and add the pears and simmer again for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes serve the pears together with the granola and some vegan yogurt or milk.