These Beluga lentil and mushroom sliders are the perfect between a bun, on a salad, or just eaten plain! They're packed with protein and have the savory, earthy flavor of mushrooms that make for a satisfying meal.
Beluga Lentil Mushroom Sliders [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked beluga lentils
- 2 1/2 cups baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (slightly rounded) tablespoons ground flax and 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- Pinch of black pepper
- Coconut oil to cook mushrooms (optional)
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of ground flax with 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Add about a teaspoon of coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat, then add the chopped mushrooms.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and onion to a food processor and blend until shredded.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, lentils, garlic powder, dried thyme, flax/water mixture, pinch of black pepper, and aminos to the food processor and pulse until combined. You do not want it to blend to a paste. You want to keep a good amount of texture, but still be able to form it into a patty that holds together. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper or a silicone non-stick baking mat. Form the mixture into 12 patties. Use a spatula to press them down flat onto the mat.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. After they are done, let them rest AT LEAST 5 to 10 minutes, then carefully use a spatula to transfer the sliders to your plate.