These days I longed for a burger, a healthy version of a burger. A few days back I made this healthy burger, and my husband ate most of them - that's how good they are!
Beetroot and Chickpeas Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Beetroot and Chickpeas Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 9-ounces roasted beetroot peeled
- 9-ounces roasted potatoes peeled
- 9-ounces boiled chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg replacer (optional)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
How to Prepare Beetroot and Chickpeas Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Grate the peeled beets on the largest holes of a box grater or use a food processor. Transfer the beet gratings to a strainer set over the sink. Press and squeeze the beet gratings to remove the liquid from the beats.
- In a bowl mash the potatoes with the chickpeas and then add the beet gratings and all the ingredients and mix them together. They should be a little harder. Taste the mixture and add salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven at 390°F. On a baking tray put a baking sheet. Shape the mix into burgers in your palms. Put the burgers on the baking sheet and put them in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1154 | Total Carbs: 154 g | Total Fat: 46 g | Total Protein: 37 g | Total Sodium: 181 g | Total Sugar: 41 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.