Need a new kind of sandwich? Try this awesome panini. The fresh greens and zucchini are cool and crisp in contrast to the warm, grilled bread, creamy avocado, and the earthy, garlicky beet hummus. It's great cold as well, but grilling the bread brings a satisfying crispy crunchiness to the entire ensemble.
Beet Hummus Panini With Smashed Avocado and Greens [Vegan]
- 1 panini or a similar bread roll
- 2 tablespoons beet hummus
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 a small avocado
- A few slices of raw zucchini
- A small handful of watercress
- 1/2 a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- If you prefer your panini roll slightly warm and lightly grilled, then heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Press the panini into the pan, until desired color and warmth is achieved.
- Cut the panini in half. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice on the bottom half of your panini and spread the mashed avocado on it.
- Top it with the lettuce and arrange the zucchini slices on it. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Cover the top half with 2 tablespoons of beet hummus and spread the watercress evenly on it. Season with a pinch of pepper. Combine the two halves and serve immediately.
- Beet Recipes