Making these tortillas is something everyone can pull off. The chickpea flour tortillas are super satisfying and a great snack to make ahead. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week and have it for various meals later. You can either freeze the tortillas or put them in the fridge in an airtight container and have them throughout the week. Some awesome fillings are avocado, cucumber, spinach, hummus, roasted carrots, kale, arugula, radishes, or tahini.
Beet Chickpea Flour Tortillas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons beet powder
- 1 chia seed egg (mix 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water and let it sit for 10 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, salt, cumin, and beet powder
- Whisk together the dry ingredients with 1 1/4 cups water and 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it sit for at least 15 min, preferably 1 hour
- Add chia egg to the batter and mix very well. If the batter is too tough, add some more water
- Heat a big pan over low-medium heat and add just a little olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add 1/4 cup batter and spread into a medium-sized and really thin pancake
- After 1-2 minutes or when you see bubbles on the surface, flip the tortilla and cook for another minute
- Continue the process until you have used all the batter and made 6-7 tortillas
- Fill tortillas with ingredients of you choice and serve warm