Jackfruit, a magical, mysterious, and mouth-watering fruit that perfectly mimics the texture of shredded meat! This sweet and savory recipe combines barbecue jackfruit with sweet pineapple atop a naan bread crust. An easy family dinner, no matter what day of the week it is!
BBQ Jackfruit Naan Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pizza:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 20-ounce can jackfruit (preferably in water), rinsed then chopped into smaller pieces
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small naan bread (or half of larger naan breads, gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks (thawed if frozen)
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (preferably less than 10 grams sugar per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the jackfruit and saute for 3 minutes or until it begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the tomato paste and BBQ sauce. Saute for additional 3 minutes to coat the jackfruit. Turn off the heat.
- Place the naan breads on the baking sheet. Layer evenly with the cheese then distribute the jackfruit, pineapple, and pepper for toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce, optional.