Yeah, you read that right! BBQ jackfruit, your favorite pulled pork vegan substitute, is the topping on this super cheesy, homemade pizza. This pie is great to share with friends and family on a rainy movie night or the perfect indulgent treat you can enjoy all by yourself.
BBQ Jackfruit and Pineapple Pizza [Vegan]
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- If making dough from scratch, follow recipe and set aside to rise.
- Drain jackfruit and place in a pan on medium heat. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Once jackfruit is tender and you can stick a fork in it, remove from heat and transfer to cutting board.
- With the back of a fork, press into jackfruit pieces instead of shredding it.
- Place back in pan on stove and add 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Let cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Lay out dough and spread a think layer of the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Evenly space out onions, pineapple, and jalapeño slices.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let cool before serving.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Make sure you purchase canned jackfruit in brine or water and not syrup. Make sure to remove any seeds or seed skins when shredding the jackfruit.