Ever wanted to have bananas foster for breakfast? With this toast, you can! Whole grain toast is topped with a spread of dairy-free Greek yogurt, then topped with sliced banana that has been cooked in cinnamon and coconut oil. It’s pretty rich, even though it’s a way lightened up version of bananas fosters. It makes the perfect dessert or mid-day snack or breakfast!
Bananas Foster Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 pieces of gluten-free or sprouted bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- Coconut oil
- Vegan greek yogurt
- Add a big spoonful of coconut oil and a few dashes of cinnamon to a small skillet over medium heat and mix together.
- Carefully add the sliced banana and cook on each side for about 4 minutes until crispy.
- Toss the banana in the cinnamon oil at the end to get the sides coated.
- Spread Greek yogurt onto toasted bread, and top with the banana and granola.
Calories: 410 | Carbs: 68g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 11g | Sugar: 18g | Sodium: 220mg Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile