This crunchy golden granola is the perfect way to start your morning and a great snack to keep you energized throughout the day. Plus, it's paleo and grain-free, so almost anyone can enjoy it.
Paleo Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup golden flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut threads
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 4 3/4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients, except for the raisins.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- In a small pot, add the coconut oil and melt over a low heat.
- Remove it from the heat and add the rice malt syrup/maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir it well.
- Add the wet coconut oil mixture to the dry ingredients and mix, ensuring all the ingredients are evenly covered.
- Divide the mixture in half, and lay it out evenly on a flat baking tray lined with baking paper. You'll want the mixture to be evenly spread out and not over-lapping to ensure an even cooking and crunchiness.
- If you have two baking trays, repeat with the second half of the mixture.
- Once the oven is preheated, add the tray to the center and bake it for 15 minutes, stirring the mixture at the half way point. If you have two baking trays, you can try cooking them both at the same time, however you may need to cook for slightly longer to achieve that gorgeous golden crunch. Cook the second batch if you only have one oven tray, while the first batch cools.
- Once the granola is golden and crunchy, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Once it's cooled, add the raisins and mix them well.
- Store them in an airtight jar for up to 4 days.