A creamy and thick banana pudding sprinkled with a generous serving of sugar, which is then caramelized to create a deep and rich caramel film that makes the notorious shattering sound when broken.
Banana Pudding Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Pudding Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 ripe bananas, not overripe
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus more to caramelize
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, refrigerate overnight and only scoop out the solid part at the top
- Pinch turmeric for color (optional)
How to Prepare Banana Pudding Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Take out 4 small ramekins and set them aside. Slice one of the bananas into coins and place 4-5 coins into each ramekin.
- Meanwhile, place the rest of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend to form a smooth cream.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, whisking continuously until thickened.
- Evenly pour into the ramekins, smooth the tops and leave to chill for 10 minutes.
- Cover each with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of extra sugar onto each ramekin. Tilt the ramekins to coat the surface evenly.
- Using a hand-held blow torch, torch the tops until they’re brown. If you want an extra crispy layer, repeat this process. If you don’t own a blow torch, use the grill setting on your oven. Keep a close eye on it, though, to avoid any burning.
- Serve immediately.
- Caramelize only when ready to serve. - Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 333 | Carbs: 67 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 22 mg | Sugar: 59 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.