These banana chocolate chip pancakes are all the fun of any other dessert but packed full of delicious plant based protein! Who would have thought? They are also so simple to make!
Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, plus more for cooking
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the milk, mashed banana, coconut oil, and maple syrup, and mix until everything is evenly combined. Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the skillet using a 1/4 cup measure. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Allow to cook for a few minutes, until bubbles form around the edges, then flip and cook for another minute or two until golden.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and any other toppings you love. Enjoy!