When it comes to quick desserts, this fudge tart is going to become one of your favorites! It starts with a sticky base of oats, dates, and coconut, and has a banana filling that also has dates and oats and is sweetened with maple syrup. Made with fairly standard pantry staples, it's something you could whip up in an instant, stick it in the fridge and voila, you have a dessert, snack, treat or just a plain old late night indulgence.
15-Minute Banana Caramel Fudge Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
For the Filling:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
To Make the Base:
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until fine and sticky then press into a small spring-form cake tin making sure that you have even mixture right up to the top of the sides.
- Set aside while you prepare the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Add the oats to a high-speed blender and blend until fine. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to blend on high until super smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into the base and smooth the top then place in the refrigerator to cool and thicken.