These cookies taste like banana bread. We all like banana bread (except for the crazies). Therefore, we (except for the crazies) will all like these. [Note to crazies: I do love you so, but the fact that you don't like banana bread makes me question your sanity, that's all.]
Banana Bread Cookies With Coconut Cream and Chocolate Sauce [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 3 peeled very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon water
To make the cookies:
- Mash the bananas with a fork (or your/ hands, woo) and then mix in everything else. You should end up with a gooey wet dough that holds it shape. Scoop into cookies with an ice cream scoop (or whatever) onto a liner dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 2-3 hours at 115 degrees. Or just use your oven at it's lowest temperature like I do. The cookies are done when they hold their shape and are a little chewy. Let them cool if you want.
- Blend it all until smooth. If your blender is big, you may have to double the amounts but seriously when has leftover coconut cream ever been an issue.
- Stir the ingredients together until smooth, it will take a second for the cacao to combine with the liquid.
- Spread coconut cream on the cookies and drizzle on chocolate sauce. Eaaaaat.
Use buckwheat or oat flour instead of almond flour; use rolled oats or coconut shreds instead of buckwheat; use vanilla extract instead of vanilla powder.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile