Who says side dishes can't steal the show? Serve these balsamic mushrooms and green beans and chances are, you'll want to devour an entire plate of them on a bed of rice. Mushrooms of any kind and fresh green beans are stir-fried with a generous amount of fresh garlic, a splash of soy sauce, and just a bit of balsamic vinegar — just a small amount is enough. Coconut bacon brings some crunch and a burst of smokiness to the tangy, vinegar-y flavor of this side.
Balsamic Mushrooms and Green Beans With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Balsamic Mushrooms and Green Beans With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
- 3 cups green beans, ends plucked and cut in half, about 12 ounces
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced, about 9.7 ounces
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Coconut bacon, for topping
How to Prepare Balsamic Mushrooms and Green Beans With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
- Heat a skillet or a wok over medium heat for a minute or two until it’s hot and then add the green beans and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the ingredients are well combined and the vinegar coats all of the beans.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste and top with coconut bacon before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.