Who says side dishes can't steal the show? Serve these balsamic mushrooms and green beans and chances are, you'll want to devour an entire plate of them on a bed of rice. Mushrooms of any kind and fresh green beans are stir-fried with a generous amount of fresh garlic, a splash of soy sauce, and just a bit of balsamic vinegar — just a small amount is enough. Coconut bacon brings some crunch and a burst of smokiness to the tangy, vinegar-y flavor of this side.
Balsamic Mushrooms and Green Beans With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
- 3 cups green beans, ends plucked and cut in half, about 12 ounces
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced, about 9.7 ounces
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Coconut bacon, for topping
- Heat a skillet or a wok over medium heat for a minute or two until it’s hot and then add the green beans and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the ingredients are well combined and the vinegar coats all of the beans.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste and top with coconut bacon before serving.