This is a delicious pasta filled with winter vegetables that is easy to make. Baked to perfection, this is an excellent side dish to any holiday dinner, or even star as the main event.
Baked Shells Stuffed With Tuscan Kale and Winter Vegetables [Vegan]
- 30 conchiglioni shells
- 2 and a half cups of tuscan kale
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 leek (including the green part)
- 2 and a 1/2 cups of soy milk
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Gluten-free corn breadcrumbs to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cut diced carrot and celery and julienne leek, then put in a pan with a pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and pimento and cook over low heat with lid for a few minutes.
- Scald the tuscan kale leaves in boiling salted water for 4 minutes, drain and squeeze. Then cut into strips and add them to the other vegetables in a pan, adding the tomato paste dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, blend with the mirin or white wine and raise the flame to evaporate.
- Prepare a béchamel sauce with seed oil, flour, nutmeg according to your taste, a pinch of salt and soy milk. Put all the ingredients in a blender at high speed, whisk all together and add to a pot over medium-low flame. Stir with a whisk until you get the béchamel of the density you want.
- Take about half of the amount of béchamel obtained and add it to the prepared vegetables, then add the nutritional yeast.
- Cook the shells in plenty of boiling salted water for half the time indicated in the package, drain and place them on a cloth.
- Fill each shell with the prepared mixture one by one with a spoon and place them in a baking pan. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining béchamel. Dust with gluten-free corn breadcrumbs and the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 350°F until golden brown. (about 10 minutes).