This is a ridiculously simple and easy recipe that is sturdier than an average pancake yet still has the same sweet and fluffy factor I was craving. It's absolutely perfect to pick up with your hands and has won many a topping tests. Perfect for when you want both pancakes and pizza!
Baked Pancake Breakfast Pizza [Vegan, Sugar Free, Gluten Free Option]
- 1/3 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa, spelt or whole wheat flour (if not gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- Sliced bananas and strawberries or any fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together all ingredients until there are no lumps. Batter should be thick but pourable.
- Lightly grease a small baking or pizza pan. Pour batter onto pan and shape into a circle.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While baking, whisk together your yogurt and cream cheese and slice your fruit.
- Remove pancake from the oven. Flip pancake gently out on to a plate. Spread with frosting and fruit of choice. Cut into triangles and eat!