Have you ever made a recipe based solely a name? This was the case here. One morning I made hummus and I made babaganoush. As the food processor was doing its thing, the frankenword babagahummus popped into my head and I decided to see what would happen if I combined the two dips
- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a small baking sheet with foil. Using a fork or knife, prick holes all over the eggplant. Roast the eggplant for 45-60 minutes or until the skin has browned and the eggplant is very soft. Allow to cool
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas and pulse a few times to break down.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant and add it along with the rest of the ingredients and process until very smooth.
- Serve with chips, pita bread, and/or fresh veggie