This Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse is fool-proof decadence at its best. It’s ultra-rich and creamy with a powerful chocolate flavor. No one will guess this 10-minute dessert is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Avocado Chocolate Mousse [Vegan]
- 2 extra-large ripe avocados (halved and pitted)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (50 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate flax butter (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
How to Prepare Avocado Chocolate Mousse [Vegan]
- Place your ripe avocados into a blender or a food processor followed by the milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, flax butter (if using), and salt.
- Blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds to combine your ingredients. At this point you can use the tamper to push the ingredients toward the blade or stop and scrape down the sides of the container. Continue to blend at medium building to high speed until the mousse is silky smooth and creamy. This may take a minute or more depending on what type of blender you’re using.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 glasses and top with fresh berries(optional)! Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.