This salad carefully balances the flavors used in common macrobiotic cooking. You can enjoy this on it’s own for a light-but-satiating summer salad, or serve alongside a big scoop of warm brown rice, adzuki beans, and mashed sweet potato or sautéed carrots for a complete macrobiotic meal.
Asian Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Asian Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons ume plum paste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed & finely chopped
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed & finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed & finely chopped
- 2 sheets nori
- 1/4 cup dulse flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
How to Prepare Asian Kale Salad [Vegan]
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over top salad and toss well before serving.
- Combine all ingredients a large mixing bowl. Toss with salad dressing, cover and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate before serving. When ready to eat, enjoy with an avocado or serve over top warm brown rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.