This meal is comforting and warming! Filled with flavor, this rice and artichoke dish makes a great side dish or main entree!
Artichokes and Rice [Vegan]
- 10 artichokes (frozen)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/3 cup carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, melted
- 1 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- plenty of fennel, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups of water
- salt and pepper
- Heat the 3 tbsp. oil and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot for 2 minutes. Add the wine.
- When it evaporates, add the hot water and the artichokes and cook for 20 minutes. It is good to cut the artichokes to 4 when they have softened to boil better.
- Then, add the rice, fennel and tomato juice and let simmer until the water is absorbed.
- Add salt and pepper to the end and add the rest of the oil.
Note: you can also add leeks, it fits incredibly!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile