This meal was inspired by Mediterranean flavors: meaty, yet refreshing tasting artichokes, sour lemon juice and zest, fresh parsley, and olives. The stove is used for just long enough to cook some pasta and sauté the garlic - 8 to 10 minutes tops!
Artichoke and Olive Spaghetti [Vegan]
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 -ounces can of artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 lemon zest (zest of one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 3/4-pound spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat olive in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the oil and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Place into a large mixing bowl. Pour the heated garlic oil over the ingredients and mix well.
- Cook pasta as per package directions. Drain. Add cooked pasta to the bowl containing the artichoke/olive mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the pasta among the serving plates and sprinkle each plate with roasted walnuts and nutritional yeast.
Per Serving: Calories: 409 | Carbs: 27 g | Fat: 30 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 866 mg | Sugar: 1 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile