Lobster roll is a popular sandwich in New England that consists of a mayo-based filling in a soft, toasted, and buttered bun. This classic sandwich is easily veganized using artichoke hearts, vegan mayonnaise, and a touch of dulse seaweed flakes. Transport yourself to Maine with this delicious comfort food sammie!
Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 12-ounce jars of artichoke hearts or pieces, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon dulse seaweed
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Soft hot dog buns, toasted and buttered
- Heat the oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Add the artichokes, dulse, and Old Bay. Cook, stirring as needed, until golden brown and lightly charred, about 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Remove and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the celery, parsley, lemon, salt, black pepper, and mayonnaise to the bowl. Combine gently, taste, and adjust with salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Serve the filling in the toasted, buttered buns.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Irene Aguilar Bryson