This simple cake featuring whole apricot halves is a popular summer treat in Austria. This cake is perfect for an afternoon snack with coffee. It is delicious, fruity, and beautiful!
Apricot Summer Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake (Wet Ingredients):
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 2/5 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cake (Dry Ingredients):
- 2 2/5 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/5 teaspoon baking powder
- Roughly 10-12 apricots, halved
- Vegan butter
- Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, repeat process with all dry ingredients and then pour into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix together well until you have a smooth dough.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and grease the sides with butter. Then, pour the dough mixture into it.
- Halve 10-12 apricots and add the fruits to the batter (open face up).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test (stick a toothpick into your cake and if it comes out dry with no batter sticking to it, then it should be fine) and let rest for about 30 minutes or until it has cooled down.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.