These apricot bars taste indulgent, with the sweet tang of apricot, the creaminess of the cashews and macadamia mix, and the crunch of the other nuts!
Apricot Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo]
- 1/2 cup (4-5) pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup apricots
- 2/3 cup cashew
- 2/3 cup macadamia
- 2/3 cup mixed nuts (brazil nuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts etc – anything you have in your cupboard)
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- In to a food processor place your cashew nuts, macadamia nuts and half your mixed nuts.
- Pulse for 20 seconds until fully broken down.
- Add in apricots, dates and coconuts and blitz for a further 2 minutes (give your blender REGULAR breaks) until your mixture binds in to a ball – by now the nuts will have released their oils and the ball will be sticky and dough like.
- In greased walled baking sheet press your mixture down to desired thickness.
- Press the remaining mixed nuts onto the top of the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
You can keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.