If you're looking for a high protein and refreshing smoothie, this one makes a delicious breakfast or snack!
Apple Tahini Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, water, or apple juice
- 1/4 cup oats (quick or rolled)
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- maple syrup or honey, to taste (optional)
- pinch of salt
- If desired, place apple pieces in a plastic container in the freezer for at least two hours before making. This will give the final product a thicker, icier texture.
- Puree all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until creamy. Add more spinach if desired.
All ingredients for the smoothie can easily be adjusted to meet your preferences. As written, this recipe makes a somewhat thick smoothie; use more liquid for a thinner smoothie.