This cake is super moist and full of wonderful fruits such as apple, ginger, coconut and feijoa (otherwise known as pineapple guava or guavasteen). It also contains whole grain spelt flour and a tiny amount of unrefined sweetener, which makes it a wholesome cake that will not leave you feeling guilty. A slice of this cake would also make a delicious lunchbox treat that will not give you a massive carbohydrate and sugar crash in the afternoon.
Apple, Ginger, and Feijoa Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple, Ginger, and Feijoa Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup feijoa flesh
- 1 green apple, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Knob of ginger, peeled and then finely grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
How to Prepare Apple, Ginger, and Feijoa Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and lightly grease a cake tin with coconut oil.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the cake tin.
- For the topping, combine all the ingredients and mix together with your hands to create a light crumble. Add more coconut oil if it’s too dry.
- Crumble the topping over the cake and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked. Serve with a dollop of plain coconut yogurt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2410 | Total Carbs: 327 g | Total Fat: 115 g | Total Protein: 43 g | Total Sodium: 6665 g | Total Sugar: 126 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.