Looking for a healthier treat? These tasty apple date caramel bites are perfect! Red apples are dipped in rich date caramel and then topped with sprinkles or your favorite little candy. It’s such a fun thing to do and it makes you feel like a child, just dipping the apples in that creamy caramel and in different toppings! These little treats would be also good idea for kids birthdays or some other celebration.
Apple Date Caramel Bites [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Apple Date Caramel Bites:
- 4 red apples
- 1-1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pits removed (or if you use regular dried dates, soak them in hot water for 2 hours so they soften)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the Toppings:
- Sprinkles, chocolate crumbs, mini marshmallows, dried fruit, nuts, coconut... (optional)
- First make date caramel by putting all the ingredients (Medjool dates, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and salt) into the food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. If necessary, add another 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare apples by scooping out little balls using a melon baller (or alternatively just cut apples in slices). Put each little ball/bite on the toothpick or lollipop stick.
- Prepare all the toppings in separate little containers, such as a muffin pan.
- Dip each bite into the date caramel and then into toppings (or even better, let the kids/people do that themselves because it's a lot of fun!).