Peach jam and fresh apples make for a pie bar that's crisp and delicious! In this recipe, the two delicious fruits are sandwiched between a maple syrup-sweetened crust and crumbly streusel topping. These sticky-sweet bars are so good, you might even want to grab one for breakfast.
Apple and Peach Jam Pie Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 apple, sliced fairly thin
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, olive oil, and salt. Mix together until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced apple, peach jam, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined and jam has coated all of the apple pieces.
- In the prepared loaf pan, press half of the streusel mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with the apple jam filling and crumble the rest of the streusel topping over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25- 30 minutes, or until the top looks bubbly and brown. Allow to cool before cutting.