You don't need fish to make a dish with bright, bold, umami-packed flavors! This 100 percent anchovy-free olive tapenade is perfect for spreading on bread and sandwiches, dipping with veggies and crackers, or including as part of a vegan cheese board.
Anchovy-Free Olive Tapenade [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup fresh kalamata (or mixed) olives, pitted and drained
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
- Add olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.