This homemade version is not only super tasty but also very healthy, since it’s refined sugar free and without any added chemicals. The dates and vanilla give it such a gentle sweetness, that you’ll immediately fall in love. Like this you can easily adjust the sweetness by adding more/ less dates and experiment with other flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao powder, etc.!
Almond Vanilla Milk [Vegan]
- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups of cold water
- 3-5 pitted dates (according to desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Drain and rinse your soaked nuts and add all the ingredient to a blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until combined (you will still see almond pieces inside).
- Put a strainer over a medium sized bowl and place a cloth diaper into it (alternatively you can use a nut milk bag, thin t-shirt or nylon for the straining process).
- Pour the almond mixture into your strainer of choice, gather the edges of the cloth, lift it up and begin 'milking'. Press out all the liquid with your hands until every last drop is inside the bowl.
- Save the leftover almond meal for baking.
- Store the mylk in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy cold!