These biscuits are so moist and delicious! No oil or butter needed here. They’re a great alternative to those white-flour, no-nutrient, lay-in-your-belly-like-lead biscuits. No, they’re not as fluffy. Rather, you know you’re eating something good for you… a bit more substantial.
Almond Flour Biscuits [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon agave, brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and sweetener to the milk, stir gently and set aside (it will curdle and thicken).
- Mix the flax meal with the water and set aside.
- Stir the remaining (dry) ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the flax mixture, the sweetener and the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a cutting surface such as a large cutting board or a marble slab.
- Shape the dough into an oval, about 3/4 inch tall.
- Work in more almond flour if the dough is too sticky, too wet, or otherwise misbehaving.
- Use a 2 3/4 inch biscuit cutter to cut into biscuits. You could also just use the ring portion of a mason jar lid.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Almond Flour