Summertime is here! Some things that comes into an abundance during these sunny months are tomatoes and zucchini. We love the combination of them baked together. The flavors compliment each other so well and the colors are undeniably beautiful. You will love them on top of this one-of-a-kind almond meal pizza crust.
Tomato Zucchini Pizza With Almond Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Almond Meal Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1-2 minced cloves
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Pizza sauce
For the Cashew Parmesan:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature while preparing the pizza.
- In a medium-large bowl add your dry ingredients (almond meal, psyllium husk, oregano or Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes, salt, and garlic powder) and whisk together.
- Add your wet ingredients (water, onion, fresh herbs, and garlic) and mix until well combined. For the water start with 1/4 cup and add more almond meal or water as needed.
- Knead the dough until it forms together into a ball shape and is easy to work with.
- Take a pan lined with parchment paper and press the dough into desired shape.
- Top with a spoonful of sauce, lightly covering the base.
- Add a tomato, followed by a zucchini, repeating circling and spiraling out if making a circle.
- Top with chopped onions and vegan parmesan or your favorite vegan cheese. Make the vegan parmesan by blending all the parmesan ingredients together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden edges and easy to remove from the pan. Carefully remove, slice, and serve hot.
Crust may also be baked and frozen. Crust may also be made raw by dehydrating for 8-12 hours at 105-106°F.