Vegan pizza is probably something you’ll have to make at home, depending on where you live because not a lot of places offer vegan cheese, or are familiar with cheese-less pizzas if you go that way. I like thick sauces, because low fat healthy pizza crusts can be a little dry and you really want to have that moisture from the pizza sauce on there. Here’s one that’s oil-free, fat-free and vegan!
How to Make Thick Pizza Sauce
Ingredients You Need for How to Make Thick Pizza Sauce
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 6 tbsp of water with 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetable base OR 6 tbsp water mixed with 1/2 cube bouillon
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener (agave, brown rice syrup)
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp freeze dried garlic or garlic powder
- 2 twists of ground black pepper
- dash of smoked paprika
- dash of salt *if desired
- sprinkle of chilli flakes *if desired
How to Prepare How to Make Thick Pizza Sauce
- Open the can of tomato paste and scoop into a bowl. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste test, adding additional seasonings if desired.
- Spread over pizza crust leaving a small gap for the crust of the pizza.
This recipe should cover up to an extra large pizza with sauce, or several personal pan pizzas. I had extra left over even after liberally topping my large pizza crust. I also topped it with my special recipe of sautéed baby portobello mushrooms and onions, frozen pineapple, kalamata olives and fresh garlic.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.