The smell of this alone is enough to make you want to stick your head in the jar! Chocolatey heaven that is a nutritiously delicious alternative to the sugar-packed traditional Nutella. Beautifully spreadable on toast or pancakes.
Almond Cocotella [Vegan]
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- sea salt
- Soak nuts in 2 cups of filtered water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a minimum of two hours/up to six hours. Then rinse thoroughly with fresh water. This will increase the digestibility of the nuts and remove any moulds and mycotoxins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roast nuts for 10 - 15 minutes until dry and crunchy.
- Remove and let cool.
- Blitz almonds in a high-speed food processor until desired consistency is achieved. It will take a while to turn into a nut butter so be patient and stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Then add remaining ingredients and mix again.
Add more coconut oil or sweetener for a change in texture and sweetness.