This recipe is ridiculously pretty on a plate, while also being super healthy and very summery. This low-carb recipe combines almond butter roasted tofu wth a fresh mango salad. Even if you don’t like mixing your sweet and savory, you’ll still love this recipe. Something about mango (and most nut butters) works so well in savory dishes- you’ve gotta give it a go!
Almond Butter Roasted Tofu with Mango Avocado Salad [Vegan]
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 of a mango, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 an avocado
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Warm the almond butter in a saucepan over low heat until liquid. Add avocado oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and whisk until well combined.
- Toss with cubed tofu and bake on prepared pan in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, toss tofu with a spatula and drizzle tofu with remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and turn oven up to 425°F. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until sizzling.
- Remove from oven and set aside on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, arrange sliced radishes, mango, and avocado on each plate and sprinkle with lime juice and toasted sesame seeds.
- Transfer half of tofu to each plate and serve!