These easy, crispy, and fragrant vegan garlic mushrooms are the perfect finger food to make in the air fryer. They are sure to impress with their amazing taste and texture. Serve these Vegan Garlic Mushrooms immediately with a pinch of sea salt and some more fresh parsley if you'd like.
Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or corn flakes)
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- In a blender, combine plant-based milk, flours, garlic, salt & pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl then add the parsley and mix well.
- Add the button mushrooms, carefully cleaned with a damp cloth, and coat well in the batter with a spatula.
- Coat each mushroom in bread crumbs and place them straight into the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap the mushrooms.
- Evenly spray with some vegetable oil the mushrooms (you can omit this step for oil-free cooking).
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 180°C (360°F). Halfway through give a little shake, then spray the mushrooms with some extra oil and bake for the remaining 7-8 minutes.
- Serve the vegan garlic mushrooms immediately with a pinch of sea salt and some more fresh parsley and pepper if you'd like.