Fried pickles are an amazingly delicious treat, and now you can have them as a snack without having to deal with frying them in a ton of oil! This air fryer recipe is sure to be your new go-to once you taste how awesome these pickles are.
Air Fried Pickles [Vegan]
- 15 pickle slices
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons water (or more)
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- spray oil
- Drain pickle slices on a paper towel. Pat dry both sides.
- Make your flour “egg” by mixing 4 tablespoons of flour with 4 tablespoons water. You may need a few more drops of water to thin the paste out. You don’t want it too thick or too thin.
- Mix panko and breadcrumbs.
- Dip pickles in flour “egg” then coat in bread crumb mixture. It’s best to use one hand for the wet and one hand for the dry ingredients.
- Add breaded pickles to the air fryer. They will only get browned and golden if you spray them with oil. Work in batches to not over crowd the machine.
- Fry at 400°F for 8 minutes. Flip then spray the other side with oil and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pickled Vegetables