These stuffed acorn squash rings are a spectacular medley of all kinds of flavors. The tender, subtly sweet flavors of roasted acorn squash pair nicely with the crumbly stuffing, made from nutty walnuts, sweet and chewy dried apricots, and warm garam masala. Hearty and delicious, this dish makes a wonderful addition to any fall dinner table.
Acorn Squash Rings With Walnuts and Dried Apricots [Vegan]
- 1 organic acorn squash
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
For the stuffing
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup organic dried apricots (diced)
- 1 teaspoon organic garam marsala
- 2 - 3 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Slice the squash in half through the center and cut it into slices (approximately 4 - 5).
- Cut out a small hole in the center and remove the seeds.
- Brush both sides of the squash with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the insides are soft.
- Add all ingredients for the stuffing (EXCEPT the dried apricot) to a food processor and process until well combined and it has a crumby texture.
- Transfer to a small bowl and gently stir in the dried apricot by hand.
- Divide the mixture between your acorn rings and fill in the center.